- Drum hoists are the simplest and most widely used motorized hoists. They are usually a dead haul type of hoist, where the entire load is supported by the hoist, without the use of counterweights
- The hoist has a drum long enough to accommodate all of the lift lines required for that particular set. The drum is helically grooved so that the lift lines wrap neatly in a single layer, to avoid damage to the wire rope. The drum can be oriented either horizontal or vertical depending on project requirements.
- Drum hoists can be located on the grid, galleries, or in a separate motor room. A head block and loft blocks may be used to route the lift lines to the batten.
- Fixed and variable speeds are available.
- The motor, brake, and gearbox are an integrated unit from a single manufacturer, for quality assurance. A continuous shaft links the brake, motor armature, and the first stage pinion gear without the need for couplings, for added reliability and safety.
- The motor brake is spring applied and electrically released, for "fail safe" operation.
- The drum is helically grooved to carry a single layer of cable, for long cable life and reliable operation.
- Four limit switches are provided for normal end of travel and over travel protection. The two circuits operate separately for added safety.
- Please call with questions or orders. We'll work with you to provide hoists to meet your schedule and needs.
|We're pleased to provide you with quotes for our hoists. Please provide the following information:|