Line Shaft Hoists
- Line shaft hoists are self-contained units with a separate drum for each lift line.
- No wall or floor space is required for the hoist, nor are head blocks or loft blocks required.
- Due to its design, the load placed on the building structure is a vertical load only, without the resultant and compression loads associated with conventional rigging.
- Line shaft winches are particularly useful for renovations and in locations with limited space.
- In order to compensate for movements in the structural steel as loads change, J. R. Clancy line shaft hoists include universal joints in the shafting between the drums. This provides increased reliability.
- Fixed and variable speeds are available.
- The motor, brake, and gearbox are an integrated unit from a single manufacturer, for quality assurance. A continuous shaft links the brake, motor armature, and the first stage pinion gear without the need for couplings, for added reliability and safety.
- The brake is spring applied and electrically released, for "fail safe" operation.
- Drums are helically grooved to carry a single layer of cable, for long cable life and reliable operation.
- Four limit switches are provided for normal end of travel and over travel protection. The two circuits operate separately for added safety.
- Hoists can be furnished with continuous channel bases or with individual bases for each gearmotor and drum.
- Please call with questions or orders. We'll work with you to provide hoists to meet your schedule.
|We're pleased to provide you with quotes for our hoists. Please provide the following information:|